I see the topic of bhangra needs some loviin'! Lol.
I love watching bhangra performances & the music. So energetic & really makes me want to just get up & dance! Bhangra Empire's 2010
performance is what made me fall in love with bhangra, though its 2009
performance is equally good & is highly praised for. It used to be my favorite team, but not as much any more. I still highly enjoy it's performances, though, along with those of other teams.
Speaking of bhangra on youtube, it is especially heartening to see non-Desis doing bhangra, & doing it well at that. Makes me happy to see other non-Desis enjoying bhangra & gives me something to aspire to, as a non-Desi myself). With that said, here's a long list of non-Desis doing the balle balle (lol):
- an interview of a Chinese-American who's on a bhangra team (talk about awesomeness! Lol): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzwkDoSUYaY
- white & Asian kids doing bhangra: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPpHc7WYJXU
- a group of white people who converted to Sikhism, who do bhangra professionally: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJC0FbzC9fU&feature=related
- this white guy's skills are really impressive. Such finesse, ease, & happiness!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di5IrReHPUE
- impressive performance by 2 girls who learned from an Indian lady (they're on the side, the teacher's in the middle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8q0u0anqIs
- white lady casually doing bhangra (& well); looks like she's having fun! (warning, lower your volume because the sound is horrible): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdHNqXedoVI&list=PLD54E7178565C3109&index=4&feature=plpp_video
- This isn't the video I wanted to post here, but I couldn't find what I was looking for. There's this dance class/company called Rhythms of India & one of the things it teaches is (legit) bhangra. How I wish it was close to me--I really want to take one of the classes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuGeVzpRuXc&feature=plcp
- Most people non-Desis I find on youtube doing bhangra are white, so I was pleasantly surprised with this rare find: a black guy doing bhangra. He's just starting out, but I wholeheartedly commend his effort & his positive attitude & willingness to learn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BIV0KXSUaM
- OK, this was just too hilarious not to pass up! They're not doing bhangra, but the famous "Tunak Tunak" is present & the clip is very entertaining: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKfxAUFo7xo